Sunday, December 6, 2009

"That's Meredith's doll."

I was in western MA this weekend, but had no chance to visit Gram.  Very unfortunately so.  I was surprise party hoppin' with Webbie Debbie.  I really wanted Gram to meet her. I brought her to both parties.  Friday night was Meggie's mom's.  WD was hidden under Meggie and Vinnie's sheets.  I could barely contain myself.  I went up to bed around 2.  Meggie flung open the bedroom door at 4, shaking WD and laughing.  "I can't believe you brought her!" she screamed.  Really? The following night was my brother-in-law's surprise party.  Earlier in the day, I introduced WD to my nephews.  Here's Anthony and Deb:




Anthony didn't know what to think as seen above.  Nicholas took a liking to her and sat her down to play with his toys.  Both boys tried putting her in the toilet, but I screamed.  I asked Nicholas who was prettier, Titi or Webbie Debbie.  "Deb." he replied. I can't even say he might need glasses, because he wears them. At the party,  my parents and I were looking at the pictures of WD on my camera.  My mom thought it would be a good idea to show other guests.  Tony's cousin asked who she was.  "Oh, that's Meredith's doll." she said.  (Without providing further explanation.)  I had to jump in and explain the story behind WD's purchase.  I have to say though, this freakdoll was a hit.  When Angela saw WD at the party, my sister told me she knew immediately who she was. "It's Webbie Debbie!"  she said.  Angela's definitely a loyal blog reader.  (Thanks!) I hope to take WD to the movies this week.  "Two tickets to New Moon please." 



I returned to Boston this afternoon via the Peter Pan bus.  My mom came along for the ride to drop me off.  I told my sister I hoped they didn't search my bags.  If security found Webbie Debbie, a bottle of wine and the Twilight DVD in my bag, I might be arrested.  Lucky for me, no search occurred. My mom's reason for coming along was so she could take a picture of me boarding the bus.  It was only slightly embarrassing to have your mom photograph you in front of 19-year-old college students.  Kath asked if I would take my doll out of the bag, but I firmly told her no. 

Upon returning to Boston, I napped (without the doll) and later called Gram to see what she was up to. "Honest to God, I was just thinkin' about you." she said.  "I wouldn't lie."  Sure.  She told me she wanted to call me, but she was going to make sure the number was right.  Gram asked how I have been doing and I told her I have been busy.  She told me maybe a lull would come up.  "Know what I mean by lull?"  she asked.  I didn't answer her before she could tell me the definition of lull.  "Ya know, a drop in stuff?"  I acted as though she had just taught me the meaning of the word.  Gram was pleased.  She told me she made some "chow" for dinner.  "Chicken soup and some turkey breast with cheese." she said.  I assume she made a sandwich.  I asked if she has been eating gran crackers lately.  "Yes and no." she laughed.  She asked what I had for dinner.  I told her I had ravioli.  "Out of a can?" she asked.  I do love Chef Boyardee ravioli and that is a common meal of mine, but I actually just purchased some pumpkin ravioli at the grocery store.  Gram was impressed when I told her I had to boil water for my ravioli.

I told Gram I joined a gym.  "Oh? Good for you!" she said.  "How's your radio going?" she asked. I told her it was going great and that I could play CD's on it.  She was surprised at that and now she seems to want one herself. "What do you want for Christmas?"  I asked.  "Nothin'!  Not one thing." I asked what she thought about Tiger Woods.  "I'm sick of it all!  It's trash.  Every little detail."  she said.  I have to agree.  Gram told me she was tired.  I suggested she find a Christmas movie to watch and get some rest.  She said she would.  "Bye Honey Bunch.  I will call you.  I promise!"  It's a good thing Gram and I aren't dating.  If I say by the phone and waited her to call we would never last.

Here's video of Gram. Not much happens.  Maybe I will interview her at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment