Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Eve is the day before Christmas.

Back to back posts. It must be Christmas.  I was so worried I would somehow miss Gram's call tonight.  I worked a bit late and after work had to get new sneakers so I can actually take advantage of my new gym membership.  My original plan was to go tomorrow morning.  Then I read that they take your picture and decided going tomorrow evening would be the better route.  There is no way I can look that cute at 5:30 a.m.  It's possible, but then I remembered my ex comparing me to Animal on the muppet babies when he woke me up before six.



I digress.  Like I said, I was worried about missing Gram's call.  I had told Nurse Peggy to have Gram call me between 6 and 6:30.  At 6:16, my phone rang.  "HI MEREDITH!"  I was walking down Beacon St. and screaming, "HI GRAM!"  Luckily, I don't care what people think.  Gram told me that Thursday was Christmas Eve.  Thanks.  "It's Marcia Flanagan's birthday. Christmas Eve is the day before Christmas."  I had no idea.  She asked what I was doing for the holiday.  I told her I was going to Robert's.  "WHO?"  I repeated "Robert" and she got it the second time.  For some reason she is under the assumption that I am staying at Robert's until New Year's Eve.  I tried telling her that I have a job and would not be bunking at my older brother's for a week, but the screaming got to be a bit much.  I finally just said, "Yes, I will be there until next Wednesday." I told Gram I would be coming home for New Year's and we would have some fun visits.  I need to find a great Danielle Steel book.  Another one with the recommendation for "librarians to stock up."

I asked Gram how the food was.  Four times.  Finally she said, "Oh.  The phone is wonderful.  I can hear you loud and clear!"  That made me laugh.  I have no idea how the food is, but delighted that Gram thinks the phone works wonderfully.  Unfortunately, Gram couldn't talk long.  She did tell me her roommate was nice, but further explanation from Kathy Lang is that the woman leaves her light on too long.  Gift idea number 2:



Gram told me she would be calling Marcia on Thursday to wish her a happy birthday.  "I will call you Thursday at the same time.  Between 6 and 6:30.  How's that sound Honey Bunch?"  I told her that sounded great.  "Ok, Honey Bunch.  Love ya!"  I told her I loved her and Gram replied, "Be good!"

I can't wait until Thursday.

If I don't post before then, happy holidays. Thanks for reading.

Love,
Phyllis and Honey Bunch.

Here's a video of Gram playing with Anthony.  This may have been Easter.




No comments:

Post a Comment