Monday, October 26, 2009

"I don't know who she is."


 Gram and "Alabama"

I just called Gram.  One of these days, maybe she will call me.  If she can "get through."  I heard her television blaring in the background.  I asked her what she was watching.  "I don't know.  Somethin'." Gram asked me what I was watching.  I told her "Gossip Girl".  She said "Yeah," a few times.  Then, my cell phone lost its signal.  I knew there would be trouble.  After 14 attempts to reach her, (during which time I think Gram was probably saying "yeah," to no one,) I finally got a hold of her. She screamed, "HONEY BUNCH, WHAT HAPPENED?"  I told her my phone lost service.  "HEH?"  I again told her my phone lost service.  "Yeah." she said. I asked if she went to church yesterday as planned.  She had.  "Did you learn anything new?" I asked.  "No, not really." she said.

Gram asked me if baseball was on tonight.  I told her it wasn't, but football was on.  "I don't like football." she said.  I told her I also hated the sport.  I looked through my guide some more and told her plenty of scary movies were on.  "They can all go jump in the lake." she said.  I asked her if she liked watching golf.  She told me she did.  I saw that "Dancing With The Stars" was on and I asked Gram if she liked the show.  "I don't know who she is." she said.  I've never met her either.

Gram asked me if I started my new job.  I told her for the 18th time that I start next Monday.  "That'll be good." she said.  "Ya comin' home this weekend?"  I told her I was.  I was in the middle of asking her if she would like to go to lunch on Saturday when she said, "I look forward to seeing you dear.  Bye now." 

Here's a random video of Gram from my nephews' birthday party. In addition to telling me to buy the boys cards (nothing expensive), she also asked the same of my mother.  (Kathy Lang did a bang-up job and only found one card that said, "Great Grandson.") 


No comments:

Post a Comment