Thursday, September 24, 2009

"When ya comin' home?"

I was in bed by 10:45 last night.  I woke about 15 minutes later to Gram calling me.  Since this is a rarity, I picked up.  "I didn't wake you did I?"  I yawned and told her she hadn't.  I asked her how her day had gone.  She told me it was ok.  She then told me she would pay me a "fair price' to do something for her since I was good at math.  I asked about four times what she wanted me to do, but I couldn't hear her because of my fan.  Due to the fact that I have roommates and didn't want to scream "what" repeatedly, I gave up.  Gram told me she would let me go to bed.  I thanked her and told her to think about where she wanted to go for lunch on Saturday.

I called Gram right after work today.  "When ya comin' home?"  I reminded her we had plans for lunch this weekend.  "We do?"  She told me she would go if she felt up to it.  Then she told me she was going to watch the cowboys tonight.  By cowboys, she meant baseball.  I told her the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy was on.  "We'll see what happens," she said.  She told me my mother looked sharp today in her white lab coat.  I asked if she told my mom that.  She hadn't, but plans to let her know.  I then asked what she had for dinner.  She replied that she hadn't talked to my mother since the morning.  I repeated my question and she told me she hadn't eaten yet.  I again told her to think of where she wants to go for lunch on Saturday.  "Ok, thank you.  Love ya, honeybunch.  Bye now." 

Gram's pill box:

No comments:

Post a Comment