Thursday, September 10, 2009

What time do you think I go to bed?

I just called Gram to discuss the Jitterbug cell phone.  She said, "what time do you think I go to bed?  It is 10:17."  Meanwhile, her television was blaring in the background and she was obviously awake.  I told her about the potential cell phone. I  then told her the next time I was home we would go and pick out a phone for her.  She said, "I look forward to that, my friend."

I asked what she was watching.  She informed me that nothing was on and she wished a "damn baseball game" was on and she hoped for one to be on tomorrow.  I let her know that I was pretty sure the Sox were playing tomorrow.  She still hasn't learned the players names.  Instead of pronouncing David Orteez, she says Ortizz, as in rhymes with fizz.  Once in a while, she will cut his picture out of the newspaper and give it to me since she knows I am fond of him.  After I told her the exact date I would see her next, she said, "ok, honeybunch, see you then.  Love ya," and hung up.

I forgot to post these pictures.  The first is the sign on her front door.  The second is her $30 shredder.  Enjoy










No comments:

Post a Comment