Sunday, August 23, 2009

Baseball.

Gram has been having issues with her phone. I asked her how it was working. "It's working better today," she screamed. I could hear her television blaring in the background. I asked her what she was watching. "Baseball." She answered in a fashion that would make you think she's been watching baseball for years. This is not the case. I asked her who was up at bat. She told me she was still learning as she was new to watching the sport. When Jacoby Ellbury's name displayed on the screen she said, "Jacoby Ellsbury." I told her that he is my boyfriend. She said, "looks like it's going to rain tonight."

Gram reminded me of the towels she has for me. "They're gorgeous," she said. "You better keep your mouth shut about those. Don't forget." This was the same warning she gave to my cousin who received my grandfather's watch.

Gram yawned. I knew her goodbye was coming. "I'll be looking forward to seeing you dear. Love ya honey bunch."

No comments:

Post a Comment