Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Nana and Skitt Les

Just got off the phone with Gram. My mother spent some time at her house today going through a bag of pictures. Phyllis told me there were so so many of my sister and my parents and my brother. "There weren't that many of you though." Why thanks. I asked if it was because I wasn't loved as much and she, of course, backtracked and told me there were plenty of me. She said there were some of me at the ocean with my "other grandmother there, you know, your father's mother that died." I said, "Nana?" She replied, "Yes, that's what you called her." Phyllis loved Nana. They used to write letters to each other.

Gram then asked me how my weight was. I told her it was fine. She informed me that she didn't want to be a "hoosier" as she was 15 years ago at a party. I think the weight topic came up because a short, skinny man gave her a ride to the doctor's. She noticed the Skittles in his car and said, "How the heck do you stay so skinny eating candy and Skitt Les all the time?" I inserted that space in Skittles because that's how she pronounced the word. He told her he ran five miles every day. She said, "Sure."


Phyllis ended the conversation by telling me she was going to try and watch TV.

"Love you, dear. Bye now."

No comments:

Post a Comment