Monday, July 20, 2009

Leave it to her.

Gram finally called me back. I called her earlier and she asked if I could hold a minute as she was on her way to the bathroom. I told her to call me back instead. An hour and a half later she returned my call. She said it took her so long because she shut all the shades in her house.

She asked how that friend of mine, Karen, is doing. Karen is my cousin on my father's side. I told her she was doing well and that she was visiting Los Angeles soon. Phyllis said, "Leave it to her." I am not quite sure what she meant by that.

Gram asked, "When ya comin' home again, honey bunch?" She asks me this most conversations. I don't think it's old age that makes her forget. I think she just doesn't listen when I call her. She also tells me every single time that I call her that she was just going to call me. That is complete baloney as Gram would say. Something tells me that she was not about to pick up her phone, only to find me on the other end. More than likely she was eating the ice cream that my aunt stores in her freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment