Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A family name and gran crackers

I called Gram to remind her to make that hair appointment and to thank her for the note. I told her that I didn't know County Mayo was the location of the potato famine. She told me she has all of this information written on a legal pad. She then informed me that, Kathryn, "your mother's name," (as if I didn't know) was a big family for us. However, she threatened to name my mother Phyllis.

I babysat my niece and nephew tonight and I told them graham crackers were GG's (short for great grandmother) most favorite thing. My nephew said, "Why aren't we her most favorite thing?" When I repeated this to Phyllis, she said, "Well, I don't know what their favorite food is, but I doubt it's graham crackers. They're so slim." She also said that she is really trying to limit the graham crackers. I should mention that she pronounces graham as gran.

Before I could get another word in, Phyllis told me she had to go so she could turn her television down from 900 before she went to bed. "Take care, dear."

1 comment: