Tuesday, July 14, 2009

War Themes and The Irish Hour

I received a letter from Phyllis today. If I knew how to scan the letter, I would do that. Instead, I will just retype what Phyllis had to say. In regards to the small debt she was paying, ($12) that was for her dinner at Boston Market that she refused to allow me to pay. Below is her letter in the exact format in which it was sent.

Hi Meredith,

Enclosed please find small check to pay debt. Weather warm. Lunch filling. Macaroni & cheese, diet jello, milk, tomatoes & peas. Lunch was good though.

Sat 7-12-09

Just listened to the Irish Hour. Nothing spectacular. They can’t end with any fast war themes. They have to be choosy. Today a fast song from County Mayo. My mother’s people came from Mayo. That’s where the Potato famine was. Take care.

Love,
Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment