Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Kath has a Kindle

It has been a busy bitch of a summer.  Sorry to my 11 readers.  I will have to get Gram a computer so she can post some blogs of her own.  Wouldn't that be somethin'?  I just chatted with her for a few.  I mostly screamed to her that I would be home in a few weeks.  During this conversation, she handed the phone off to Katie, a physical therapist in training and told Katie that I wanted to speak with her.  I did not.  She sounded like a nice girl. When Phyllis finally took the phone back, I said, "I MISS YOU!"  She replied, "I LOVE YOU TOO HONEY BUNCH.  BYE NOW."  It reminded me of just a few years back when she frequently hung up on me.  I miss that.

The sibs and I purchased a Kindle for Kath for her birthday.  A lot of times when I call Kath and say "Whatcha doin?"  She replies, "Reading."  Now, when she tells me she's reading, I ask, "A real book or Kindle?"  So far, her answers have not pleased me.  "A book.  Honey, I don't know how to use the Kindle!"  I told her to look at the instructions and she informed me that she needs a one on one instructional.  That will be Fun for my sister.  My sister and I share a lot of books on the Kindle.  By share I mean she takes all of mine.  I wish we had Kindles when we were little Lang's.  Ours would have been full of The Baby-Sitters Club and Sweet Valley High.  I used to have long internal debates about which babysitter I wanted to be.  Final decision was usually Dawn Schafer even though she had blonde hair. She was an environmentalist and didn't like guns. I could relate. It would have been Stacey McGill, but she had diabetes and I never was a fan of needles. Claudia Kishi was a close second because she ate tons of junk food and I liked her style.


Anyway, like I mentioned, I have been a busy b.  The bf and I biked 40 miles a few Sundays ago.  In one day.  I'm still tired.  I didn't fall once.  Last week we were in Colorado for a conference and his birthday. (Happy birthday! And happy birthday to my brother!)  When I told Gram we were going to Colorado she said, "YOU'RE GOING TO CALL WHO?"  It took a while to get that across.  During the trip I went whitewater rafting for the first time.  I was initially nervous about falling out, but calmed down once we went through the first rapid and managed to stay in the raft pretty easily.  At one point our guide MacGyver told us to smile for the camera.  Someone listened.



Out of the eight or so photos they took, the bf is beaming in about seven of them.  I think it would make for a great billboard.

In other news, I told CF that I will give Murder She Wrote a shot.  She has dozens saved on her DVR and we are going to watch a select few and drink some wine.  I am really looking forward to this.  I love, love, love drinking wine and watching reality TV with CF.   I told her I would call her tonight after I finish watching The Real Housewives of NYC Reunion Special (Part 1) and then Watch What Happens Live.  Neil Patrick Harris was the guest.  If you haven't seen WWHL, the host, Andy Cohen, gets wasted while interviewing his celebrity friends.  Talk about dream job.  Anyway.  I am looking forward to getting drunk on Angela Lansbury with CF.  We make our mothers proud.

Oh. Before I sign off and watch some trashy fun.  Someone thinks my eyebrow is growing back.  I don't, but the bf is convinced. He swears he sees hairs growing, I just don't want to get my hopes up.  I am sick of the daily drawing on my face.  I was never one for art. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment