Friday, May 7, 2010

PIZZA?

This is going to be an oh so quick post. 

I received a voicemail from family dinner on Tuesday.  It was like Goldilocks and the three bears were calling.  Instead of "Who's been sleeping in my bed?"  I heard each family member yell hello to me.  They were using speaker phone.  First dad, "HI TITI."  Then mom, "HIII TITI."  Then Meaghan, "HI TITTY."  Then the boys, who whisper, "Hi Ti Ti. Hi Ti Ti"  The Bean didn't contribute to the conversation.  I am sure she was smiling though.

I called Kath and Bill back later, but didn't bother to ask what those jackasses ate for dinner.  It usually just pisses me off.  I did ask Bill what he was planning on cooking this weekend since I would be home.  "I hadn't thought about that." he said.  I told him I had.  Hope he got the hint. 

That same night I was finally able to reach Gram.  A nice nurse answered and told me she would get her on the phone.  I heard the nurse tell Gram that I was on the line and that I couldn't wait to talk to her.  (How did she know?)  After three minutes of waiting, Gram finally screamed, "HI MEREDITH!"  So enthusiastic.  I am going to start greeting people the same way.  My mom will definitely hang up on me.  I yelled "HI GRAM" back and she asked what I said.  I knew I was in for a screaming conversation.  She told me it was great to hear my voice.  I repeated the sentiment.  More than once.  She told me she knew it had been a while since we spoke last, but she was too busy to call me.  I told her I understood.  "WHEN YA COMIN' HOME HONEY BUNCH?"  I yelled that I would be home this weekend.  "WHEN?" she replied.  I screamed "this weekend" three more times.  Finally she replied, "PIZZA?"  Yes, pizza is when I will be coming home. 

As I said, this was going to be a quick post.  I can't wait for "pizza".  I will try my best to get video.  Until then.

Make sure to catch Betty White on SNL, bitches.



No comments:

Post a Comment