Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spinning and salsa con queso

I meant to blog last night, but I consumed a lot of red wine instead.  I took the train home and thought the snow was "so pretty".  Like I have never seen snow before.  I took pictures of the snow with my phone. I don't know if acting like Annie Leibovitz led me to take the wrong turn.  I walked the distance to my apartment from Mass. Ave and when I looked up, I realized I was not at my apartment. I turned one street too early. This morning, I woke up and was embarrassed that I took pictures of my Uggs in the snow and deleted all seven pictures.  Now, I wish I hadn't.

I called Gram tonight.  She was sleeping.  At 6:53.  Maybe she turned in early because she is so excited that I am coming home this weekend.  I have a card for her and need to buy her some candy.  I am hoping that the Cadbury creme eggs are out in stores.  Those are her favorites.  A complete no-no for diabetics, but I am not sure how diabetic Gram is.  She can eat a half gallon of ice cream without a trip to the hospital.  It runs in the family.  Speaking of gluttons, I am proud to say that for the first time in a while, I have not had Tostitos with salsa con queso for dinner this week.  Judge all you want.  I don't care. It is delicious.  I know it's not the most balanced dinner, so I have had wheat pasta instead.  I did have my salsa con queso meal as an hor d'ouvre on Tuesday. 


I am getting my Maid of Honor dress for Meggie's wedding on Saturday. I don't know if Maid of Honor is supposed to be capitalized, but I think it should be.  In anticipation of my measurements being taken, I tried to up my gym time this week.  I took a spinning class on Tuesday.  Seth asked if men took the class.  When I told him they did, he asked if they had testicles.  I am not sure and I think it would be rude to ask.  "Those shorts are awfully tight, do you have balls?"  I don't think that question would be well received.  The morning after spinning, I was walking to the train and I wondered what I had done the night before.  I was fairly certain I was the victim of a gang rape. 

I am so looking forward to my weekend home. My kids really miss me.  My parents too.  I have to call Bill Lang tonight and tell him my meal request.  Oh, and Gram will be meeting Webbie Debbie.  I am so curious as to what she'll think. Tune in next week.

Here's video of Gram.  Maybe she's tired from singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment