Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Baseball widow

7:00-I call Gram. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Just laying here," she replied. She said nothing was on the television. I told her baseball was on. You might have thought that there was a two for one sale on gran crackers. "It is! Who are they playing?" I told her Tampa Bay. She said, "Ok, dear, I'll put it on. Call me later!"

I am a baseball widow to my grandmother.
In personal news, I am in the middle of moving. I refuse to move again unless I have a boyfriend or movers. I told my friend Meggie that I never say I want a boyfriend, but this week I would take one. She told me I should rent one. If only it were so easy. In the event I move again next fall, I will start taking applications soon. Other than my clothes packed in leaf bags, I mainly had wine glasses and pictures of my nieces and nephews to bring. However, I had furniture that I didn't need. I never knew how hard it was to give something away. With rent a boyfriend, he will find you a truck and your unwanted furniture disappears. I would not even have to share my DVR space. I was lucky to have my friends help me move and I thanked them all for being my boyfriends for the day.


Going back to Phyllis. I called her back. She was still watching baseball. "I wonder if they will play again after this." I didn't tell her that typically double headers start in the afternoon. Something tells me she will be watching the same game replaying at midnight, not realizing it will be the one she just watched. For the seventh time she asked if I would be coming home this weekend. I told her I would be home late Friday. I asked her if she wanted to go out on Saturday. "Sure." I asked where she wanted to go. "Somewhere." Well, Phyllis, we can arrange that. I wish I could take her to a baseball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment