Monday, August 3, 2009

Pedometer update

Talking to Gram right now. She told me she was making some snack. Cheerios with blueberries. I asked her what the noise was in the background and she informed me that bladder infections were in fact annoying.

I asked her if she was getting a tan this summer. "Yeah," she replied. She told me she didn't think she was home bound anymore. She's not quite sure. I told her that my nephew Nicholas calls me Ti Ti. She thought I said GG. She was not impressed, because all of the great grandchildren call her GG. I said, I don't think you heard me. She replied, "I did hear that Nicholas is going through his terrible twos." I asked if she was wearing her hearing aids. Apparently, she is only wearing one.

Phyllis said, "Your instructions for your pedometer are here." I said I would have to get those. She told me that I was smart and I should be able to figure out how to work the thing.

I enjoy how Gram ends our conversations so abruptly. After the pedometer update, she said, "Call me again dear. Love ya," and hung up the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment