Monday, March 8, 2010

No Dramas

I've only spoken with Gram briefly these past few weeks.  She did leave me this message last week.  "Hi Meredith.  I'd like to take you up on your offer.  Give me a call."  From that message it sounded like I had offered her to make a "hit" on someone.  Turns out, she wants a phone for her bedroom.  When I called her to discuss, she said we could not talk about it over the phone.  "When ya comin' home?" she asked.  "We can discuss it then."  I asked why we couldn't talk about it over the phone and she replied, "I'll leave it to your imagination."  That was a terrible clue.  I will see her this weekend, so I am looking forward to hearing her reasoning.

I have not eaten salsa con queso for those who were wondering.  It's been a trying task, but I can't imagine it is harder than what my mom gave up.  When we spoke tonight she said, "I haven't watched a drama since the start of Lent."  "That's what you gave up?"  I asked.  "Dramas?" I said. "Yes, I haven't watched NCIS, CSI, none of it."  she replied. I am still undecided over whose sacrifice is more ridiculous.

This is turning into a "Kathy is My Hero" posting.  Sorry Ma.  My mom asked what Webbie Debbie has been up to lately. To ease into that answer, since she's been rather "busy", I asked if she knew what part of the anatomy the word beaver was used for.  "Yes." she replied. I told her that Webbie said, "OMG! Leave it to my beaver. LMVO!"  She attempted not to laugh then said, "Honey, does beaver mean near your bikini line?" 

In lieu of salsa con queso for dinner, I have actually had to go grocery shopping.  I discovered that Trader Joe's is close to my apartment and that I enjoy my cashier.  I get him every time.  He's a dapper fellow . The last time I was waiting, I thought, "I hope I get my cashier.  And if he says 'paper or plastic' I will be ballsy and reply, 'latex'."  Then I felt my face go red.  I probably won't be able to go back to Trader Joe's on the entirely impossible chance that he reads my blog.  Webbie Debbie's thoughts are a terrible influence.

I must get going.  I have to wake up for a 6 a.m. gym time.  No new video of Phyllis (I'll get some soon). I just like this guy.









No comments:

Post a Comment