Monday, March 23, 2009

I've got a surprise for you.

Phyllis is my grandmother-Gram. I love her more than the most fabulous hair day.

Today she called me and said, "I've got a surprise for ya!" She said I would never ever believe what it was. I asked her what it was. "A pedometer," she said, "from Arp." I knew she meant AARP. She said if she were near a post office she would mail it to me. I could tell by the way she was speaking that she did not have her teeth in.

On Saturday I picked her up for lunch. Phyllis didn't know that we were actually going to my sister's house so she could see her great grandchildren and enjoy some goulash. When I arrived she informed me that she would be paying for half of my lunch. Not half of the tab, but half of my lunch. When I brought her home later that afternoon she began writing a check. She then handed me a check for seven dollars. Since we didn't go out to lunch, she wanted to give me half of what I would have chosen. I made a copy of it. After writing a seven dollar check to me, she wrote a $5o check to The Annual Catholic Appeal.

1 comment:

  1. Is this the classic 1st post? I'm honored to read it. Remind me to cut you a check for the other half of your lunch.

    ReplyDelete